Clancy Street Ministries is sustained by donations which are tax deductible. Donations of any size may be sent to the address below or delivered in person. We would love to meet our benefactors.
Your donation supports these Clancy Street Ministries:
- Adopt-a-Family Program (In 2008, 63 Families totaling 236 children were adopted by 25 donors)
- Tax Prep Program as part of the GR Tax Coalition (317 returns completed this season with $400,000+ returned to the community)
- MSHDA Counseling /Intro to Home Ownership/Home Buyer Education
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Financial Literacy & Credit Repair
- Healthy Family Courses (will end with no funding)
- Healthy Marriage Courses (will end with no funding)
- (New) Home Maintenance Training
Giving Information Fact Sheet
(contact us for this confidential info and/or for a PDF file of this fact sheet)
Legal Name: Clancy Street Ministries, Inc.
Federal Taxpayer Identification Number: #XX-XXXXXXX
Organizational Status: Public Charity under IRC Section 501(c)(3)
Organizational Purpose: Clancy Street Ministries was founded in 1988 to serve the Belknap neighborhood in Grand Rapids. The mission is to empower people and build a healthier community through a variety of developmental programs. Many of the local individuals and families need an advocate to walk alongside them, to provide them with knowledge and skills, and to help them be committed to change.
Sample Testamentary Language: The following language is provided as an example of the language that may be used in a testamentary document to give funds to Clancy Street Ministries. This language is not intended to be, nor should it be relied upon, as legal advice. Clancy Street Ministries encourages any donor who is considering a testamentary gift to engage a qualified attorney to prepare the necessary documents.
I give to Clancy Street Ministries, Grand Rapids, Michigan, ($____ dollars, or a specific asset, or _____% of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate/trust) for (please specify the purpose of this gift, i.e. Unrestricted Use, or the Endowment Fund, or Capital Improvements).
Address: 940 Clancy Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Telephone: (616) 235-2195
Fax: (616) 233-0828